Vitamin B12 is found mainly in animal based food sources such as meat, fish and dairy products, which is why it is an essential nutrient for vegetarians and vegans. Like all B vitamins, B12 is a water soluble nutrient, which is essential for normal red blood cell formation and contributes to the normal function of the immune system. And like most B vitamins it contributes to normal energy metabolism, the processes that release energy from foods. It is often recommended as a supplement for the elderly, who may have a compromised diet.
Also know as methylcobalamin or cobalamin, our Vitamin B12 100µg comes with a quality guarantee due to rigorous UK testing. It also meets industry recognised “Gold Standard” in excellence.
Vitamin B12 is essential for:
- Normal energy metabolism
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Normal function of the immune system
- Normal psychological function
- Normal red blood cell formation
- Normal function of the nervous system
- Maintaining normal levels of the amino acid homocysteine in the blood